Meet Hadassah B.
Photography has always been so much more than just a job to me, it is a lifestyle. I laugh at myself because I take breaks from editing weddings on my iMac by editing photos on my iPhone of my daily adventures. I don't even
When I'm not taking or editing photos, I'm likely spending time with my fiancé and puppy while watching Fixer Upper or period pieces... Even during my down time, I notice the visual elements of the simplest things: light and shadow dancing on my wall, framing and composition spelling out scenes on tv,
But, I'm learning that there are times to have a camera in hand and times to see things with my own two eyes (shout out to the song 3x5 by John Mayer). It is really difficult sometimes, but I've
Now that you know a little bit about my feelings on photography, here is a little about me:
- I was always a crafty kid who painted bird houses and took a class on
- I had
- I started documenting life through photos at the age of 11.
- I was the baby of 6 siblings until my parents adopted my younger twin sisters from China and a third younger sister 2 years later. I've been so involved in their lives that they're kinda like my daughters. They're 17 and 16 now, man, does time fly!
- I had been to China 18 times before I was 18yrs old, which sparked my wanderlust. I've been to Thailand, Morocco, London, Germany and Austria for pleasure, as well as France, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai for productions with VIP clients.
- I began photographing weddings in
- I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Columbia College Chicago in 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts in Photography.
- I've worked as an assistant, 2nd photographer and lead photographer for multiple studios in addition to my own since 2011.
- I have shot 80 weddings and counting since I started shooting professionally in 2011.
All of this experience, from the crafty
photo credit: Meghan Heimlich